Atlantic Zone Monitoring Program (AZMP)
Data and Products
- Hydrographic Data (temperature, salinity, dissolved oxygen, fluorescence, chlorophyll a and nutrients)
- Research Document Data
- Climate Indices (oceanography, freshwater, ice and atmosphere)
- Water Levels
- Remote Sensing
- Meteorological Data
You may now contact us at AZMP-PMZA@dfo-mpo.gc.ca
The Science Advisory Report on the Oceanographic conditions in the Atlantic zone in 2013 is now available.
- Publications (AZMP Bulletin, primary publications, research documents, status reports, founding documents, studies)
- Documents (Technical and administrative documents, data management documents)
- Useful Links
The AZMP was implemented in 1998 with the aim of collecting and analyzing the biological, chemical, and physical field data that are necessary to :
- Characterize and understand the causes of oceanic variability at the seasonal, inter-annual, and decadal scales.
- Provide multidisciplinary data sets that can be used to establish relationships among the biological, chemical, and physical variables.
- Provide adequate data to support the sound development of ocean activities.
AZMP involves the Gulf, Québec, Maritimes, and Newfoundland regions of DFO. Its sampling strategy is based on :
- Seasonal and opportunistic sampling along "sections" to quantify the oceanographic variability in the Canadian NW Atlantic shelf region.
- Higher-frequency temporal sampling at more accessible "fixed sites" to monitor the shorter time scale dynamics in representative areas.
- Fish survey and remote sensing data to provide broader spatial coverage and a context to interpret other data.
- Data from other existing monitoring programs such as CPR (Continuous Plankton Recorder) lines, Sea Level Network, nearshore Long-Term Temperature Monitoring, Toxic Algae monitoring, etc., or from other external organizations (e.g., winds and air temperatures from Environment Canada) to complement AZMP data.
Copyright (C) (2015) Government of Canada
The data provided here can be redistributed and/or modified under the terms of the Government of Canada Open Data License Agreement as published on in its current version, or any subsequent version.
The data are licensed "as is". Fisheries and Oceans Canada makes no representation and gives no warranty whatsoever with respect to the data and expressly disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the data. Fisheries and Oceans Canada assumes no obligation or liability whatsoever for the provision of updates to the Data. See the Government of Canada Open Data License Agreement for details.
Data are made public as they become available. Users should check the current status of data availability under "Data per occupation" to determine whether data sets have been checked for completeness.
In addition to paragraph 4.0 of the agreement, and not in derogation to it, it is suggested to cite AZMP data from this website in a publication with the following reference:
Fisheries and Oceans Canada. (2015). Atlantic Zone Monitoring Program Website. Retrieved 28 March2015 from Fisheries and Oceans Canada.
- Date Modified: